The Executive Assistant will further the mission at Jazz St. Louis by providing excellent and energetic administrative support to both the President & CEO and the Director of Development. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Manage calendar of the President & CEO
- Draft correspondence and other communications for President & CEO
- Organize and maintain files, including confidential personnel files, minutes of Board meetings and other Board-related information
- Working with the staff, create agendas for staff meetings and document action items and related follow up reports
- Coordinate Board meeting and Board committee schedules, meeting locations and meeting notifications; coordinate distribution of meeting materials
- Take minutes at Board and Board Committee Meetings and distribute minutes as appropriate
- Maintain historical records of Board appointments, terms of office and motions
- Update and issue contact list for Board and Board Committees
- Prepare weekly acknowledgement letters and other donor correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Manage the donor database by updating mailing addresses and other changes, adding new accounts, merging duplicate accounts, etc.
- Conduct donor research on prospective corporate and individual donors.
- Coordinate printing and mailing of annual appeal letters, and Gala or other fundraising event invitations.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Manage donor stewardship activities as assigned, including mailing of birthday cards, sending flowers or other gifts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO and Director of Development.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working with a culturally diverse workforce and constituencies; excellent human relations skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with little direction
- Working knowledge of computer systems, Microsoft Office suite, and experience using database software, especially Raiser’s Edge.
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience required
Please send cover letter, resume, and professional references to email@example.com.